Welcome to St. Peter’s Parish, a Roman Catholic community in the Archdiocese of Ottawa. We, the St. Peter’s Community, are committed to joyfully celebrating and deepening our faith in the Liturgy, nourished by the Word of God and by the Holy Eucharist.
Stay connected to the parish during this period of confinement by attending our virtual mass! Recordings are available on the Virtual mass page.
We are thrilled to welcome parishioners back to the church! There are a few changes to the celebration of Mass, based on the requirements and recommendations of government and health authorities, as well as the Ontario Bishops and the Archdiocese of Ottawa-Cornwall guidelines, to ensure everyone’s safety as much as possible.
Please note the following instructions, which MUST be followed.
Thank you for your cooperation. We are looking forward to seeing you soon.
- Saturday at 5:00 pm
- Sunday at 9:30 am* and 11:00 am
*Please note there is no children’s liturgy at this time, as per special measures due to Covid-19
- Wednesday – Friday at 8:00 am
- Entrance is not permitted to those who have an elevated temperature or fever, or who are suffering from coughing and wheezing, excessive sputum, shortness of breath, undue fatigue, loss of appetite, muscle aching, runny nose, chills involving shakes, loss of sense of taste or smell, headaches, or confusion.
- If you are sick, you are kindly asked to stay home.
- If you have travelled outside Canada within the past 14 days, you are not to enter the church until you have completed the period of self-isolation.
- If you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or are awaiting test results from your own COVID-19 test, you are kindly asked not to stay home.
- Only 30% of the seating capacity of the building per Mass is permitted for usage at this time. For now, at our parish, this is for 110 people attending all three of our weekend parish masses. Everyone is welcome!
- Seating is on a first come basis. Reservation by email or phone call is available for all three masses.
- The church air conditioner will be on during all of our Mass celebrations.
- You are strongly encouraged to wear a mask, for everyone from age 3 and up.
- Maintain a two-metre (six foot) distance at all times from everyone but members of your household.
- Follow indicators on doors, floors, and pews.
- Stand and sit only in the designated places.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Refrain from using the washroom unless absolutely necessary.
- Sanitize your hands upon entry to the church (hand sanitizer provided).
- No printed bulletins will be available.
- You may deposit your offering in the baskets as you enter the church.
- Refrain from singing – singing will be led by an instrumentalist and a cantor only. There will be no hymnals in the pews.
- The entrance procession will be simplified.
- Only one lector will proclaim the readings before the Gospel, and the petitions.
- There will be no collection and presentation of bread and wine at the usual time. You will be invited to deposit your offering in the baskets as you enter or leave the church.
- Avoid touching your neighbours at the Peace of Christ. Instead, demonstrate touchless gestures of care such as smiles and waves.
- Communion can be received only in the hand. Say “Amen” to the Body of Christ at two metres from the priest or Eucharistic minister. Carefully approach and extend your hands, placing one upon the other palms up to receive the Body of Christ. Consume the Host and withdraw, maintaining physical distancing row by row.
- Following the dismissal, you will be directed to leave the church, row by row, in order to maintain physical distancing, using the back and side entrance of the church.
- You may leave an offering in a basket at the back of the church after Mass.
- Sanitize your hands upon exiting the church (hand sanitizer provided).
- No printed bulletins will be available.
- Refrain from socializing with others following Mass.
Donate to the parish
St. Peter’s parish appreciates donations to help with church operations and maintenance, and to assist in achieving its mission of promoting the love and compassion that Jesus Christ showed to all people. Visit Donate to learn more.
Cancellation of sacraments
Notice to parents of children scheduled for First Reconciliation, First Holy Communion, and Confirmation:
We sadly have to advise of the postponement of the Sacraments of First Reconciliation, First Holy Communion and Confirmation, scheduled this Spring. We will advise once new dates are scheduled, and you may check the parish website for any updates.
Parish Mission Statement
To promote the love and compassion that Jesus Christ showed to all people, of every creed, with a special emphasis on the needs of the poor and the underprivileged.
Mass Times: Sat 5:00 pm; Sun 9:30 am (Children’s Liturgy); Sun 11:00 am
Weekday Masses: Wednesday to Friday 8:00 am
Holy Hour Adoration: First Friday of each Month following the 8:00 am Mass
Confession: 30 minutes before Mass