Under the latest provincial directives, starting Monday, April 19, a maximum of 10 people (9 + priest) will be permitted to attend masses and religious services, weddings, funerals, and baptisms. The weekday and weekend mass schedule remains unchanged.
Registration is required – call the parish at 613-733-1553 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to save your seat! First come, first served.
The following measures have been put in place for the health and safety of our community. These requirements MUST be followed:
- Entrance is not permitted to those who have an elevated temperature, or who are suffering from cough, sputum production, shortness of breath, undue fatigue, loss of appetite, muscle aching, runny nose, chills involving shakes, loss of sense of taste or smell. If you are sick, you are kindly asked to stay home.
- If you have traveled outside Canada within the past 14 days, you are not to enter the church until you have completed the period of self-isolation.
- Wearing a mask is mandatory upon entering the church, from age 3 and up.
- Use the hand sanitizer provided upon entry to the church before and after mass.
- Maintain a two-metre (six foot) distance at all times in the church and on church property.
During the celebration of mass:
- The entrance procession will be simplified.
- There will be no hymnals in the pews; singing will be led by an instrumentalist and a cantor only.
- Only one lector will proclaim the readings before the Gospel, and the petitions.
- There will be no collection and presentation of bread and wine at the usual time. You will be invited to deposit your offering in the baskets in the main area of the church as you arrive or leave .
- Communion can be received only in the hand at this time. Carefully extend your hands, placing one upon the other to receive the Body of Christ. Maintain physical distancing row by row.
- Following the dismissal, you will be directed to leave the church, row by row, in order to maintain physical distancing. Using the back and side entrance of the church. No printed bulletins will be available.
- You are asked to refrain from socializing with others following mass
Thank you for your prayers and cooperation. Stay well, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.